Join your local credit union NOW!
Credit unions are not for profit organisations, owned and controlled by their members rather than shareholders. They are committed to helping their members and local community through offering limitless financial services that improve their quality of life. Credit unions and banks serve members differently. Credit unions can offer some of the best rates on the market and dividends for people saving whilst delivering a highly personalised service.
Credit unions are a fantastic source for people, who are looking to save because:
- Credit unions are member owned organisations where members pool their savings and lend to one another.
- The members of a credit union have something in common, also known as a “common bond”.
- Members usually have something in common such as working place, living area and/or belonging to a certain church, organisation or trade union.
- Credit unions offer several ways that members can save including via local collection points, by direct debit or by monthly salary deductions.
- Some credit unions offer fixed interest rates on savings, but many offer a yearly pay out called a “dividend”.
- All credit unions offer basic saving accounts. Many of them also offer additional saving options such as ISAs.
- Credit unions are owned and run by their members. Therefore, instead of paying out earnings to external stakeholders, they invest the money in their local community, improving services and rewarding their members.
- Credit unions vary greatly in size, some of them are based on small community groups, whereas others have thousands of members.
- Credit unions allow you to withdraw your money at any time.
- Their savings accounts are protected by the FSCS up to £85,000.
To find YOUR local credit union visit www.creditu.co.uk